No Insurance, No Problem - The SmileGuard Membership Club
No Insurance? No Problem!
Insuring your health has been a hot topic over the last few years. Regardless of your political persuasion, whether you think the Affordable Care Act (AKA ObamaCare) is the greatest thing since sliced bread or a disaster of epic proportions, we can all agree that it has had a significant impact on our bank accounts and the way we handle our healthcare. Now before you tune out I’m not going to get political here (though if you really want my political views, I’ll be happy to share them, but there’s not enough space on this blog to accommodate my rants or soapboxes). Instead I’d like to share with you our observations on insurance over the last couple of years and some things that we are rolling out to help out our patients.
First, the overall cost of medical insurance has increased. For most, that means that the cost of their old plan has gone up (provided your old plan still exists), or you’ve moved to a plan with a significantly higher deductible in an attempt to keep your monthly premiums down. A large percentage of individuals have their healthcare either subsidized or paid for in full by their (or their spouse’s) employer. For those who do not work for a small business (less than 50 full-time employees), your employer is required to provide health insurance or pay heavy penalties. Of course, as premiums have gone up and therefore the healthcare expenses of these companies have increased, that money has to come from somewhere. One of the places we see it coming from is from dental insurance. Over the last two years we have seen dental plans getting cut back to smaller plans with more waiting periods and exclusions with less coverage. So with that in mind, we would like to introduce….
Shank Dentistry’s SmileGuard Discount Membership Club
Okay…I know about 50% of people who just read that had their eyes glaze over, so here’s the deal. We’re providing an in-office membership plan to people without insurance (or who pay for 100% of their dental insurance out of pocket).
- There’s a membership fee broken up over 12 months to make it easier on the pocketbook.
- The membership fee will cover your cleanings, exams, and x-rays for the year including an additional ‘emergency’ exam and any necessary x-rays during that appointment each year.
- You’ll also receive a discount off any dental treatment you receive, no exceptions. Cosmetic procedures that insurance would exclude, no problem…that’s all included as well.
- Other things are included in the plan, but we’re not going to list every single thing here in the blog.
- There are different plans at different price points depending on the needs of a given individual.
- This is NOT insurance, it’s simply a membership discount plan – legally there is a big difference and we have to be very clear about that so that we don’t get in trouble.
Now if you receive your dental insurance from an employer and have it paid for mostly or in full, this probably isn’t a very good deal for you. If, on the other hand, you’re one of the many people we see who have no insurance or who pay for their dental insurance 100% out of pocket (we see a lot of retirees in this category), this may be exactly what you’re looking for!
Contact Our Indianapolis Office for More Information
Contact us for the details and with any questions you may have. We’re committed to helping you have the healthiest smile possible, and this is one more way we can help you achieve just that.